Quotes I like

We don't have to engage in grand heroic actions to participate in the process of change. Small acts when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Empty nester ~ What to do?

When my kids were little and I was working and raising my family, the thought of not knowing what to do with my time was a concept that I couldn't quite wrap my head around.  Here I am though, all my kids on their own and more time than I know what to do with.  I tried 'retiring' for four months and it was definitely not for me.  Back to work I went and that has been good for me.  I think for a lot of women, raising your children and looking after their day to day needs becomes your identity, much like a man's job becomes his.  So, I have found this transition much harder than I thought.  I am 9 months child free (you don't ever stop worrying though) and still haven't found my new stride.  Now that I have fairly successfully raised my children into adults, what do I strive for next?  What do I want to accomplish with the time I have left in this life?  I don't know yet, everyday I ask myself.  When I figure it out, I'll let you know :)

1 comment:

  1. you're in for a difficult decision: what do you want to be when you grow child free?

    ReplyDelete